Join the team!
Work with Formula
We are accepting any and all applications to join our team of highly efficient and driven marketing and web development experts!
Junior Web Developer
Job Type: Part-time Full-time, 40 hours per week
Salary: $20.00 / hour
Duties and Responsibilities include: * Work with the Creative Director to ensure on-brand work
- Create draft mockups of website designs and other digital collateral
- Review designs created by web designer; ask any necessary clarifying questions before translating visual elements into fully responsive marketing websites in WordPress
- Put up WordPress sites, including secure database/platform configurations, template development and theme customization, site activation and QA
- Collaborate with marketing team members to consistently improve the functionality, user-friendliness, and conversion rates of our clients’ websites
- Remove outdated products/services/procedures as requested by client
- Perform routine website maintenance and implement any necessary additions or enhancements—optimize websites to ensure fast loading speeds and test device and browser compatibilities
- Troubleshoot website, CMS, and integration issues and implement appropriate solutions and support resolutions accordingly.
- Stay current with industry standards, trends and applications
Requirements: * Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 2+ years experience
- A portfolio that demonstrates:
- Strong HTML5 & CSS3 knowledge
- An understanding of fundamental design principles (typography, hierarchy, color, iconography, imagery, sizing, and layout)
- An eye for design, especially for the web
- Web development best practices
- Responsive web design
- The ability to translate client needs into deliverables
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator and the ability to quickly learn new software
- Experience in building WordPress sites
- Basic understanding of SEO principles
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Google suites, MailChimp
- Ability to prioritize project requests and meet deadlines
- Disciplined attention to detail
- Natural problem-solver
- Great communication and organizational skills with a focus on team success
- Strong initiative, a learning mindset and a good sense of humor
It’d be great if you had any knowledge of the following tools, but we’ll teach you all about them if you don’t: * Figma/Sketch/Adobe XD
- Divi and Divi Builder
- Adobe Creative Suite
- PHP, especially as it relates to WordPress
- Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
Temporary remote requirements: * A reliable, modern computer with access to high-speed internet
- A webcam and microphone for Zoom meetings
In-Office requirements: * Reliable transportation to Downtown San Diego (5th and Broadway)
Why work with us? * Be part of a talented team and fast growing company.
- Casual, fun atmosphere – non corporate style.
- Hours are flexible and we may accommodate special scheduling needs.
- Being a small company, your voice will be heard.
- Projects are varied so there is always something new to look forward to.
- Our high-end projects create an exciting learning environment.
- Smart-casual dress code.
- Complementary Netflix, snacks, soft drinks, juices, coffee
Qualities needed * Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
For Consideration email:
1. Cover Letter
2. Resume (PDF)
3. Link to online portfolio for your work
Subject Line: Job applicant
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour